AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 06:45:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advanced TCP/IP data logger (Professional)  (Read 73196 times)
radfahrer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 11:04:36 PM »

I have just the regular Serial Data Logger and suspect I may be having this issue as well.  We're running it as a service on a Server 2003 machine.  We have 4 Serial/Ethernet converters (Lantronix) on our system and we're sending the data to a PDF.  It appears that spontaneously the logger stops running one or more of the interaces as a service...when I connect interactively with the application, the data shows up in the application for that interface but not in the PDF file.  I noticed for interfaces running properly, when I connect with the application, it gives a message saying the interface is locked (which makes sense since the service has control), but for the one that is broken I don't get that message.

Would loss of power cause this issue?  I currently don't have Keep Alive enabled, and am planning to do that, but the 2 hour retry timer is unacceptable for our application as well, so I'm curious if a resolution was found on how to modify that time.

Thanks,

Greg Krueger
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 09:18:46 AM »

Hello, Greg.

Please, activate the "Try to connect after unsuccessful attempt" option + Keep-Alive. In most case it solves all problems.
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 03:23:07 PM »

Thanks Greg, for the following description from MS website.

Two per-interface registry settings under the key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Tcpip\Parameters control the behavior of TCP/IP keep-alives:

The KeepAliveTime value specifies how long the TCP connection sits idle, with no traffic, before TCP sends a keep-alive packet. The default is 7,200,000 milliseconds (ms) or 2 hours.

The KeepAliveInterval value indicates how many milliseconds to wait for a response after sending a keep-alive before repeating the keep-alive. If no response is received, the TCP/IP stack continues sending
keep-alives at this interval until a response is received or until the stack reaches the packet retry limit specified in the TCPMaxDataRetransmissions registry key. KeepAliveInterval defaults to 1 second (1000 ms).
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: