AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 10:01:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Capture Serial Print Output  (Read 9809 times)
Bronc

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2010, 01:15:45 AM »

We have a asphalt plant control system (Astec PM96) that can print daily reports via serial to an Okidata 320 serial printer.  I am trying to instead print to ASDL Standard Edition.  Our test on a tech's laptop worked, so I know the cable and port settings are correct.  When we tried to put this in production on desktops at the plants, we are getting nothing out of the PM96 into ASDL nor HyperTerminal on the desktop, but it still worked on the laptop.  I went to another plant and couldn't get anything in HyperTerminal nor ADSL in either the laptop or desktop.

I don't think my problem lies in ADSL, but thought someone might have some insight on what the problem might be.  I've checked baud rates, parity, stop bits, flow control.  Is there something unique to printing via serial?

Help!
smartpoleder
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 07:50:18 AM »

I believe you would have to break it back down to the basics. As things goes more complicated we tend to look at the problem a different way. And from what I have noticed here, you have already checked on all the hardware connecting every part of them and there’s no noticeable problem regarding it. What about the software that all the desktops are using? Are they up to date and using the same version as the laptop?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: