AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 02:22:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Log which com port generated the data?  (Read 11527 times)
Shelku

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2011, 11:30:40 PM »

I'm trying to log an RS-232 protocol between 2 non-PC devices. I have both the TX and RX lines connected to separate (RX) com ports on my PC and I would like to be able to log the bi-directional communication with timestamps and the ability to decode the TX/RX direction.

Is it possible to have the Advanced Serial Data Logger create a single log output file from multiple com ports while still being able to decode which com port sent which data? From what I can see, I can view the separate streams from the drop-down box within the application, but not from the log file itself.

(Unrelated, but is it possible to log hex data without the '#' symbol? I tried "%02X", but the leading zero was stripped off so that 0x06 was logged as " 6")
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:01:13 PM »

If you've selected this schematic then you need to log full duplex data. Therefore it isn't possible to write data from both ports to one log file, because at one moment of time the program can receive and write data from 2 port. On this case data in the log file will be mixed/scrambled.

(Unrelated, but is it possible to log hex data without the '#' symbol? I tried "%02X", but the leading zero was stripped off so that 0x06 was logged as " 6")

Please, use the following format:

%.2X
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: