AGG Software Forums
September 19, 2024, 07:11:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COM Port Data Emulator  (Read 28436 times)
rmfuller

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2009, 05:40:45 PM »

Hi,

Yesterday I downloaded COM Port Data Emulator and it seems as though it will solve my need for sending a periodic "Keep Alive" packet to my Ham Radio.  I'm running the radio remotely via the Internet.

Is there a way, or a version, of COM Port Data Emulator that will run as a service, or that I can put in the "Startup" folder so that it will not only run, but so that the "Start" button will activate?

Thank you.  I look forwrd to your reply.

Bob Fuller
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 06:10:02 PM »

I'm sorry, but this software can't start automatically. I can suggest our Advanced Serial Data Logger (Professional edition), but it isn't free.
rmfuller

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 06:38:39 PM »

Thank you for your fast reply.

Regarding your suggestion for using Advanced Serial Data Logger, which version do you suggest I try? 

What I need to do is to send a HEX string every 100ms to a TCP/IP port in client mode.  I'd like this function to start whenever Windows boots and preferably run as a service.

Thank you,

rmfuller
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 07:09:44 PM »

I'm sorry, I've suggested wrong product. You need the Advanced TCP/IP Data Logger Professional or trial version. You need to activate the ASCII data query and specify your request string. Please, read our tutorial about the configuration process for this plug-in.

http://www.aggsoft.com/asdl-pressure-data-logger.htm
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 07:16:25 PM »

Please, note, that by default the service starts with the "LOCAL SYSTEM" account (Windows 2000 and higher). This account doesn't have network access. You should reconfigure the service (use another account name) or change system security settings.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: