AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 02:59:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connection to GE IGS OPC Server  (Read 46980 times)
jbrewster4

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »

I 've installed the OPC Data Logger on a Windows 2003 Server. On that same machine I have the GE IGS OPC Driver. When I go to add variables, the OPC server is listed, but I cannot connect to it. The program freezes every time. Any ideas? Thanks.
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 09:52:40 PM »

Can you connect to this server with help of other opc clients?
kevin.sykes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »

I've always had issues getting configured and setup without crashing or hanging a typical problem in prior versions.

We did have it functioning and once it was setup we hadn't touched it for a few months.

I've recently updated my IGS to 7.56/OPC Logger 2.6.8.1007 and can't connect to the server. Once I connect it locks up and I get a Application Hang Cat# (101) Event ID:1002 in my event Log.

OPC clients can connect to the OPC server just fine.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:34:02 PM by kevin.sykes » Logged
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »

Could send me screenshots of this problem ( http://www.aggsoft.com/support/ )? Did you try to restore the older version?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:22:10 AM by Arthur Grasin » Logged
kevin.sykes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »

So in my instance it's installed on the same server as the OPC server.  I've installed a prior version of OPC logger (V2.6.6.415)on an auxilary server and had the same issue connecting to the remote server with the OPC logger.

I belive the issue is from DCOM and security changes with Kepware/IGS and the newer OPCUA features.  There is not much I can provide you for screen shots as the OPC Logger just locks up and nolonger responds when I try to connect to a OPC server.

You can download a demo from Kepware and try this in your lab, they are the group behind most OPC software and GE rebrands it as IGS. http://www.kepware.com/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:45:10 PM by kevin.sykes » Logged
kevin.sykes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »

I had no problems configuring a GE OPC server/Client to get it's data from the IGS and then connecting the Advanced OPC logger to the GE OPC as a client to get data.

Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 10:19:27 AM »

I belive the issue is from DCOM and security changes with Kepware/IGS and the newer OPCUA features.  There is not much I can provide you for screen shots as the OPC Logger just locks up and nolonger responds when I try to connect to a OPC server.

The connection time to the server may take up to 180 seconds. After this the program will show an error message.

Could you also specify, what should I download and try from kepware? They have many products.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:30:51 AM by Arthur Grasin » Logged
kevin.sykes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »

We left it open while we took lunch and again overnight to see if it was just working hard. There was never a error box, just a stuck screen with the connect to server box grayed out. We then went looking in Events manager and had that app hung message at about the same time we hit connect. I grabbed a screenshot and a copy of the alert and will mail it out to you later today.

It would be better to try and download the same GE IGS product were asking about. I think it does have a 2 hour trial time, if it's limited functionality the KepserverEX product is fully functional and the same general product.

Getting IGS from GE will also require creating an account with GE IP.

http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=home&view=AUTOMATION

Once logged in you can search for IGS in the drivers category or try this link:

http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=dwchannel&comp=iodetail&id=092cb42cf0111d84e682a001a2e

smcgregor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »

Hi,
i have also purchased the ASDL product and I am also finding the same problem with GE IGS OPC SERVER.
It is all ok as long as the ASDL is not in Service mode, but once in Service Mode (windows service)
the GE IGS OPS SERVER fails to find the data.

Was there ever a resolve to this issue?

..Steve
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2024, 02:00:00 PM »

Hi, Steve.

ASDL can work as OPC client and connect to the OPC server. Did you mean that you can't connect to ASDL's OPC server?

Hi,
i have also purchased the ASDL product and I am also finding the same problem with GE IGS OPC SERVER.
It is all ok as long as the ASDL is not in Service mode, but once in Service Mode (windows service)
the GE IGS OPS SERVER fails to find the data.

Was there ever a resolve to this issue?

..Steve

smcgregor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 04:41:05 PM »

Hi Arthur,

Yes the GE IGS OPC Client Fails to get the Data from the ASDL OPC Server.
But I only find this to be true whenever the ASDL is in Windows Service mode,
When it's run in normal (manual) mode, the GE IGS OPC Client has no problem with the data.

..Steve
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: