AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 03:09:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plugin to store DDE items to an MSSQL database  (Read 14273 times)
edoliv

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2012, 12:13:18 AM »

Hi,
I'm using the Data Logger Suite to store DDE data and export it to a MySQL database and I'm not sure how the best way to do it in terms of performance. I will work with thousands of DDE items being updated in real time with millisecond delay. So to export this amount of data to the database should I use the SQL Database Professional plugin instead of the ODBC? In this case which would be the advantage of SQL Database Professional plugin compared to ODBC?

Cheers.
Edgar
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 02:00:00 PM »

Hello Edgar,

In your case I would recommend to filter out some data if it possible. Otherwise, you can place our software on a computer with the database, it will decrease delays.

FYI: Also, I'm not sure that DDE can really update items with millisecond delay.
edoliv

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »

Hello Edgar,

In your case I would recommend to filter out some data if it possible. Otherwise, you can place our software on a computer with the database, it will decrease delays.

FYI: Also, I'm not sure that DDE can really update items with millisecond delay.

Hi Arthur,
thanks for the reply. Yes, Data Logger Suite is on the same computer with the database. My doubt was regarding the best plugin to be used to export the DDE items to the database. In the case of working with DDE I use ODBC (which is used by default by the software)? or SQL Database Professional plugin can also be used?
Thanks.
Edgar
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 02:00:00 PM »

Both plugins can be used. Both plugins will be fast in your case. The SQL Database Pro plugin just offers more options and allows to call stored procedures.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: