AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 06:43:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: APBXDL setup looks good, but receiving no data  (Read 14533 times)
Alan

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2014, 03:39:07 PM »

I've download Advanced PBX Data Logger to a new Windows 7 PC and connected to the 9 pin serial port via an ATT Z3A2 ADU.  There is a 25 pin to 9 pin standard adapter connected from the ADU to the PC.  The PBX is a Avaya Definity G3i.  I have a digital port configured for the SMDR connection  on the PBX side plus a local station number, and a station number on the PC side.  This had been a working connection until the old windows 98 PC failed.  Both ports go active when my connections are made, but I am not receiving, or not seeing, any data.  I've checked my data bits/parity, etc 7-2-even, etc.  I don't see any activity in the reports.  Am I missing something?
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:56:33 PM »

Hello, Alan.

You described the problem well but I don't have ideas why it does not work. Please, verify that the Spy mode is disabled in our software in the RS232 port settings. Is the port number correct? Please, look at the Devices Manager, may be some COM ports are marked as invalid.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 10:52:01 PM »

Found a bad RJ45.  Working now.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: