AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 01:25:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: error log  (Read 30457 times)
MrCurryLover

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2014, 12:01:26 PM »

Hi Arthur,
I have had some errors recently where data isn't being inserted in to the MSSQL database from TCP/IP logger. I have checked the error log and am I correct in assuming that if the start of the data shows 0|0 the insert has been successful and 1|0 if the insert was unsuccessful?
The error log that I checked this morning shows the data coming in and first shows 1|0 then the following line shows the exact same data but with 0|0 at the start. The problem is that the data hasn't actually been inserted in to the database.
Please could you tell me where the software receives the success insert flag from, does it receive it from the database. Also could you offer any assistance in tracing the source of the error?

Thanks
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 12:44:02 PM »

The program inserts data in real-time. If saves some data to a backup if it can't insert it. It does not flag successfully inserted data.
MrCurryLover

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:50:11 PM »

What are the 1|0 or 0|0 for in the error log?
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »

Could you show me the full row?
MrCurryLover

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »

You want me to post the data on here?
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 01:20:24 PM »

Just one row of data. I can't remember what do you mean by "0|0". If the data are confidential you may send it to support _at_ aggsoft.com
MrCurryLover

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 01:26:58 PM »

Hi Arthur,

I have emailed the error log, it includes one row with 1|0 and the second row with the same data but a 0|0 at the start of the row
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 01:37:45 PM »

First digit - SQL statement index
Second - number of retries to restore data
MrCurryLover

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 01:55:58 PM »

Thanks for the reply. The problem is the data still hasn't been restored
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »

Is it possible you changed the SQL queue? Is it possible the configuration was changed and now it uses other backup file name?
MrCurryLover

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 02:44:37 PM »

No I don't think so because the problem is intermittent, so sometimes that data is inserted in to the database correctly and every line in the error log shows 0|0
Then for no reason (the last one happened at 04:30 this morning for around 30 minutes) the data doesn't get inserted to the database and the error log shows 1|0 on the first line then the very next line shows identical data but with a 0|0 but the data still doesn't get inserted
MrCurryLover

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 11:41:56 AM »

Ok, so i'm getting a little further with this problem. Before the weekend I changed the location of the MSSQL database that the data is wrote to. This morning I checked the error log and I have found that there is only 6 errors compared to 100's of errors before. The previous database was set to not allow duplicates. The current database does allow duplicates. I have checked the error log and all of the 6 lines of data have been inserted in to the database correctly, the problem is that the same line of data has been inserted 1000's of times in to the database. If I watch the live data coming in I can see the error message:
"Restoring row #1"
"unable to write to database[[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0] invalid cursor state"
It does this for each of the 6 lines of data in the error log.

I have checked the data that is failing with previous lines of successful data and there is no difference.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: