AGG Software Forums
September 21, 2024, 12:48:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advanced TCP/IP Data Logger - how to specify data from different IP addresses?  (Read 14891 times)
davidho

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2009, 01:07:44 AM »

Hi there,

I've purchased the enterprise verison of TCP/IP data logger and want to receive data from 4 data servers at different IPs, and my main purpose is to transfer these data, via OPC service, to Wonderware ArchestrA server.

The Data servers are Wind Speed Sensors, constantly sending ASCII string out to a specified IP address (e.g. TCP/IP data logger).

Questions:

Should I specify 4 IPs in one single configuration, or 4 separate configuration with 1 IP each? And how to transfer strings into different OPC variable. (I know I can use FULL_DATA_PACKET, but how to make sure each wind sensor's data goes to a single item?) It will good to have some examples to follow with)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:28:09 AM by davidho » Logged
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:58:59 AM »

You need:

1. To create 4 different configurations for each IP address and activate the OPC server within first configuration only;
2. To define a parser item that will contain all your data (look at an image);
3. To redirect data from 2-4 configurations to first configuration (second image).

* s1.jpg (32.49 KB, 436x415 - viewed 15 times.)

* s2.JPG (45.26 KB, 467x456 - viewed 14 times.)
davidho

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:15:14 PM »

Many thanks, I've got this sorted. I also found there is a tick box in "ASCII" parser function to add port number when received data.

It caused me a few hours of headache not knowing I was running both aipdlog.exe as service and as application, which causes problem on getting 3rd party OPC client to read OPC tags properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: