AGG Software Forums
September 16, 2024, 11:34:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wireless DNC  (Read 20771 times)
laurim

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2010, 05:33:59 AM »

What i want to do is use your TCP/IP data monitor to make a multi-machine wireless DNC.
I have downloaded the demo program and have several wireless 2 port serial devices.
192.168.1.150:10001 is bar code reader
192.168.1.150:10002 will be CNC machine tool. 
I am sucessfully reading a barcoded program name from our printed work order. I can parse that program name and send it to a file.  I don't see that the standard scripting language will allow me to take that file name and send the named file to the machine tool.  This is what your DNC product will do, but 1. I want it wireless, which means it has to know about tcp/ip or equivalent and 2. I don't want the operator to have to enter the name into the control.  Barcode is faster and more accurate. 
Can the fetch file and send to machine be done within the tcp/ip data monitor program?  Will I have to use some other software to take the programe name and send the file to the machine?
Thanks.
lm
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:24:01 AM »

I'm sorry, but you can't build this system with help of our software. In both cases our software should be improved.
laurim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 04:47:50 PM »

Thats too bad.  The data receive portion works so well.  I think that there would be a large market for this.  I don't think that even the very expensive DNC packages allow quite this functionality, and it's something that I have been wanting to implement for years.  I think that I might get it to work in conjunction with another software package I have which works by setting up a background process monitor which will execute a series of scripts when it sees a file creation. I think it will execute the entire range of microsoft vb script commands. That way AGG software could do the file creation, and the other software might handle the download.
thanks.  Let me know if you enhance the scripting language to allow this.
lm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: