AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 12:42:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TCP/IP data logger capabilities  (Read 33078 times)
Adamastor77
« on: March 22, 2010, 12:18:06 PM »

Hi everybody !

I haven't yet bought any of the AGG software. I want first to make sure that it can do what I want.
And what I want is:

• One of our machine-tools will transmit text data through a serial server to an IP adress
  • data transmission will occur at the end of the machining of each part.
  • This forms a set of data that must be saved to a text file. (one text file per part/set of data, each file with a different name: typically with an incremented number)
  • software must run 24/7 on the computer
  • It cannot use too much CPU resources

Can the the TCP/IP data logger software perform this kind of task ? If yes, which version should I buy ? (enterprise, professional, standard or lite ?). I only need to do the tasks written here above. Nothing more.

Thank you in advance for your help
   Luis
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 12:20:01 PM by Adamastor77 » Logged
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 12:48:01 PM »

It seems that you need the Standard version. If you'll select to create a new file after a data timeout, then the program will work as you described.
Adamastor77
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:00:35 PM »

Thank you Arthur.

By the way, is there a free evaluation period for the TCP/IP data logger sortware ? (lite version would even be enough for evaluation purposes)

Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »

Of course. The 21-day trial version can be freely downloaded from our site. This trial version works as the Enterprise edition.
Adamastor77
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »

I have just made a few tests and it works well. Still some details to set in order to fully automize our process but seems ok so far.

One of these details is the text file created by the program. (in attachment)

Why are there those square characters at the beginning and end of the file? How can I avoid this ?

* roots1423032010.log (0.75 KB - downloaded 2 times.)
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:50:04 PM »

It seems that your device outputs tons of zeros (characters with the '0x00' ASCII code) before and after data.

You can configure the ASCII data parser and extract a necessary data packet only. Your data packet begins with DIABLAB and ends with #0A#00#00. Then you need to remove trailing zeros with help of the parser and write data to the file after parsing.
Adamastor77
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 06:03:56 PM »

Hello,

We have just bought the software in standard version (based on your advice on this topic).
As the machine ,we want to use this software with,is busy, we won't be able to install it for a few days.

In the meantime, there is a detail I would like to check with you. We followed your advice and used the ASCII data parser. It worked very well during the tests with the trial entreprise version. Does the ASCII data parser works in standard version ?

Thank you in advance
Best Regards
    Luis
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »

No, the standard version doesn't support plugins at all. I suggested the standard version before you've specified additional conditions.
Adamastor77
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 12:22:33 AM »

oups... that's really bad... as we should be ready to use it on wednesday...

First of all, let's see which version I do really need:

I have only used one module (ASCII data parser), and all the options that I have set were reachable from the setup button highlighted on attached img_1. That means "data packet" window (img_2)  and "characters translation" window (img_3). (note: those images were copied from the plugins manual, therefore the parameters I have set have different values from the ones on the pics)

So which update to an higher version should we eventually buy ? (professional or entreprise ? )

Could you please indicate which item ID# I should indicate in my order ? (I mean are there specials item ID# for updates ?)

My last question, just before we got the key for the standard version, I asked for an extension of the trial period and  got a new *.key file for a trial version which is still valid. May I use this *.key file on another computer ? (this key file has been installed on the computer used for the tests, which is not the computer we will eventually use) and then install the key of the higher version when we will get it ?

The purchase of your software took a few days as our company had to go through share-it in order to get a proper invoice. That would be the same here for the update.

Thank you in advance for your quick help
Best regards
   Luis

* img_1.jpg (47.28 KB, 640x480 - viewed 6 times.)

* img_2.jpg (45.99 KB, 640x480 - viewed 6 times.)

* img_3.jpg (36.95 KB, 640x480 - viewed 5 times.)
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 09:17:03 AM »

You need the professional version and yes, you can use the trial key on another PC.

I've send you a description of the upgrading procedure through a private message on this forum.
Adamastor77
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 12:10:37 PM »

Mister Grasin,

Thank you very much for your quick answer.
The purchase of the update has been launched through our accounting department.

Best Regards
   Luis
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: