AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 12:35:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TCP/IP Data Logger Testing  (Read 11951 times)
ridgedale

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:35 AM »

I was wondering if anyone might be able to clarify a few things for me. I am testing the TCP/IP Data Logger to make a connection to an Excel spreadsheet with the intention of using the software to track athletics results.

I appear to have setup the connection to test passing the data as I am able to use the COM Port Data Emulator and Traffic Generator to emulate passing the data via existing log file examples I have to the TCP/IP Data Logger. Data appears in the log files at both ends and I have managed to get the data to be passed to an Excel spreadsheet.

This is where I am getting issues:

1) I have tried to set up a preconfigured Excel Spreadsheet to be used as the template which already contains the necessary preconfigured calculations to extract the data required in the right format for the target applications. However, if I try to use the pre-configured Excel spreadsheet the data gets passed into the 4th, 5th and 6th columns of the spreadsheet overwriting fields containing calculation data. If I set the data to be passed to a new spreadsheet instead the data is passed into the first 3 columns - as I would expect. I can't seem to work out why I can't pass the incoming data into the first 3 columns of the pre-configured spreadsheet. If I set up the link so that the new spreadsheet opens ready I can paste the calculations into the fields starting from column 4  Is this a limitation of the trial version of the software or is it just not possible to do what I am trying to do?

2) When the data gets passed to the spreadsheet it fills the first 20 rows and then all I see is the data then being cycled through those 20 rows of the spreadsheet. (i.e. The data for records 01 through to 20 appears line by line until row 20 is reached whereupon all the subsequent records appear in row 20 and record 01 disappears when record 21 appears in row 20.) What I was expecting to see is all the data appearing row by row as it passed to the spreadsheet. Is this possible, if so, how can I achieve this?

3) The passed data does not appear to saved automatically. If I close the TCP/IP Data Logger program or the Excel spreadsheet I receive no notice that the data/file has not been saved. Therefore all the data is then lost. There must be something I have not configured correctly. Is this also a limitation of the trial version or have I not configured the TCP/IP Data Logger program correctly? Any pointers would be really helpful.

Any assistance would greatly appreciated.
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 09:14:22 AM »

Please, open the Direct Excel Connection plugin configuration window

1,2 Open the "Binding" tab and specify column numbers and number of rows to fill
3. Open the "Workbook" page and activate the "Save changes on quit" and deactivate "Ask user before" options.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: