AGG Software Forums
September 19, 2024, 07:30:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ODBC doesn't work correctly from within Advanced TCP/IP datalogger  (Read 17297 times)
Toot

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:56:38 AM »

When changing the settings on the ODBC export plugin it doesn't pull up the correct or full path. When going into ODBC settings via Start/run is does work. Now, when the software tries to write a value to the database the error "incorrect path or file not found". TCP/IP logger runs as service and starts automatic. My database is located on a network drive. Does the logger software open up a different version ODBC settings? The network path is there and works fine. Only ODBC via the software has issues with it.
please help.
Thanks,
Otto
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 06:06:36 PM »

1. You need to create ODBC system alias to use ODBC from a service.
2. By default, a service doesn't have network access rights, and therefore can't write to a network drive.

In your case you can configure the service to start with your account name. You can do it from the services control panel.
Toot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 10:16:36 PM »

Athur,
Please help getting the ODBC settings under services. I cannot find the ODBC panel from the services panel.

For some reason the TCP/IP software stops working after some time. I set the log files, i'm trying to find out why it stops. Maybe because it looses connection with three out of four serial converters. I'm still testing your TCP software because i would not like to use three pieces of software to accomplish the same goal.

The software hasn't stopped whenever i run it as a service, that's why i want to go that route.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Otto
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:49:24 AM »

Please, open the ODBC plugin configuration window and click the Setup button on second page. This button should open ODBC Administrator. There you should select the "System DSN" tab and create your ODBC alias. Then refresh the "Database" list within then plugin.

Also, activate the program protocol file and alll message types. It will help to diagnose problems. The service will write all messages to the protocol file too. This file is located "Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Advanced TCP IP Data Logger".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: