AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 01:35:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Direct Excel Connection Problems  (Read 37132 times)
suprsnipes

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »

Firstly I have Vista and Excel 2000.

I am using the trial. I have set up a TCP/IP Client and succesfully used the Parser, which only the data that meets my filter is in the display window. I am having problems getting the Direct Excel Connection to work.

Notifications are not showing any problems. I'm getting 'Direct Excel Connection. Data have been processed successful'. I have read the instructions a number of times.

Excel opens but no data is displayed, in fact the screen is black. Which is odd.

Do you have any advice so that I may get this up and running. If I can get this to work I'll be purchasing this software.

Appreciate the reply.
Thanks.
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 01:30:09 PM »

Please, verify, that you've bound your parser items (I hope you created it) with corresponding columns of an Excel file. Open the Direct Excel Connection settings and go to the "Binding" page. If the navigation button for this page isn't visible, then use the scroll button on the navigation pane or maximize the window.
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 02:44:25 PM »

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to do. Appreciate the quick reply also.
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 05:28:35 AM »

I have got the DDE Excel export feature to work, by that I mean it can send the whole data packet without a problem after parsing (besides the fact that I haven't learned how I to have the current data move down a row each time new data comes in, but that's another problem).

Preferably I would like to use the Direct Excel Connection and I have looked at the tutorial about sending data via this method. So far I believe I have set this up correctly but the data simply won't fill in Excel using this method.

I have attached a screen shot of the DDE server's active items to show you where I am at. The names of the active items I want to use are the SYMBOL, DATE, TIME, TYPE, PRICE and SIZE.

I have set up Bindings to reflect this also (screen shot attached). The odd thing is when I add the 'FULL_DATA_PACKET' to the Bindings it works as expected.

I'm so close to getting this to work.

Thanks for your help.

* DDE Server.png (34.46 KB, 452x294 - viewed 13 times.)

* Direct Excel Bindings.png (15.7 KB, 222x646 - viewed 16 times.)
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 07:29:17 AM »

Please, create the backup copy of your configuration and attach it to your post with your data example. I'll verify it on my PC.
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 08:26:13 AM »

Do you need data before or after it has been parsed?

By the way I have changed the IP and Port settings for security.

There also seems to be a problem with the program hanging up when opening when the DDE Link and Direct Excel connection export options are selected.

It opens Excel but as explained previously there is no data exported. I have to close Excel, then the program commences again. After which I have tried to go to the export options and selecting setup for the Direct Excel connection which opens Excel again, but no data is exported, yet the program doesn't freeze on this occasion.

* Config backup.doc (36.5 KB - downloaded 5 times.)
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 08:32:03 AM »

I need data before parsing. Few lines, just for testing.
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 08:42:48 AM »

Please see attached.

* Data sample before parsing.doc (20.5 KB - downloaded 3 times.)
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 08:45:24 AM »

Please see attached.

Unfortunately, MS Word damages this data (removes all non-printable characters). Could you capture data to a file, ZIP it and attach the zip archive.
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 08:54:27 AM »

I hope this ok.

* test20090508.zip (0.92 KB - downloaded 8 times.)
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 09:14:45 AM »

The program exports somethings to an excel file. I've deleted all filter rules from the parser, otherwise the parser doesn't work with your data example. Also I've set the "Device->Additional->Send client information" option to "Disabled". Is it possible something wrong with your XLS file template? The DDE server isn't required in your case. Now, it works for debug purposes only.

Please, activate program messages logging from "Main menu->Options->Program options->Protocol and errors handling". Activate all message types for all categories. It is possible, the program will show any error message at the bottom of the main window.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:18:38 AM by Arthur Grasin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: