AGG Software Forums
September 19, 2024, 07:36:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Data Export - SQL Database Professional  (Read 45419 times)
suprsnipes

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2009, 05:45:01 AM »

I am having difficulty trying to use the SQL Database Professional Plugin.

I have installed the plugin and read the documentation but I am still having trouble getting a connection.

In the connection parameters window when testing the connection I receive the following error message;

Database accessing error[Unable to connect to a database [Error loading library 'libmysql.dll'].].

I have mySQL installed and have a local database already created yet I still get this message.

Appreciate your help.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 06:44:55 AM by suprsnipes » Logged
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 07:45:27 AM »

Please, download the following file and place it to Windows\system32 folder.

http://www.aggsoft.com/download/libmysql.zip

Also you can download this file from the MySQL site with ODBC drivers.
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »

That's great.

"Tested Successfully".

Appreciate the help, again...

Grin
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:15:33 AM »

I can get a connection to mySQL. But I receive this error message.

"Data have been processed but with errors".

I've set up the database in mySQL with a data table that corresponds to the data parser settings. I've never done this before so I'm not quite sure where I have gone wrong.

Appreciate the help.
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 07:20:08 AM »

Please, attach the backup of your settings. You can create it from the "File" menu. I'll verify it.
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »

Hi Arthur,

I have attached a copy of the program settings (backupofsettings.txt). I realized that I had not configured the SQL queue correctly and have made some progress. I am now able to make a connection to mySQL database.

The data is exporting into mySQL except for one problem, a column, the 'type' column should show a value of either 'A', 'B', or 'S'. After attempting to re-configure the settings a number of times I am having the same problem. I keep getting a value of '4' instead, all the remaining columns are working fine. (I have attached a .jpg copy of the mySQL data sample).

I'm not sure if mentioning the following will help but the DDE server doesn't seem to have a problem with this (see DDE .jpg attached). I have using the same information to export the data into mySQL. There are no other queries running at this stage.

* backupofsettings.txt (5.74 KB - downloaded 10 times.)

* mySQLexportsample.jpg (12.36 KB, 336x192 - viewed 21 times.)

* DDEserver.jpg (29.58 KB, 471x291 - viewed 26 times.)
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 01:13:18 PM »

All seems OK, but can't make the full test without your data example. One exception, your table contains columns with names DATE, TIME, TYPE that are reserved in the SQL language. This may cause this problem. Could you change these names?
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 01:27:49 PM »

Do you mean to change the table names in mySQL, I don't quite understand?

Would I need to change any of these settings on the data logger software?

I have tried various different ways to fix this problem with no success...it's seems very odd that the only field effected is the type field. It always returns a value 4 no matter what I do???

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the order or variables of the parser items, SQL queries. I have also tried to change the database table names but the data wouldn't export into mySQL at all.

I would be happy to provide the raw data prior to parsing so that you can see if this problem can be resolved.

Regards,
suprsnipes
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 04:01:50 PM by suprsnipes » Logged
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 04:12:11 PM »

You need to change column names and make corresponding changes in the SQL statement withing our software.
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 04:20:16 PM »

So let me get this straight...

Do I leave the data parsing settings as is?

I'm just a little confused...can you give me an example?

Thank you in advance.

Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »

Yes, you don't need to change parser settings. You need change your table structure in the database. Now, you've defined columns with names DATE, TIME, TYPE, SIZE. If you'll change your table structure, then, of course, you should change your SQL statement in the SQL Database Prof. plug-in. For example, if you'll rename your columns to DATE1, TIME1, TYPE1, SIZE1, then your SQL statement should be:

INSERT INTO night
(SYMBOL, DATE1, TIME1, TYPE1, PRICE, SIZE1)
VALUES
(:P1, :P2, :P3, :P4, :P5, :P6)
suprsnipes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 03:04:18 AM »

Hi Arthur, thanks for your help. I still had some problems after changing the table names in mySQL and also the SQL query table in the data logger program...not sure why this is?

Any how I added a new parser with a different name and changed the SQL parser to match and it is now working as expected.

Thanks again for your help. This software is working very well. As you know I have tried almost every export plugin available and considering that from a technical perspective my programming knowledge is very limited so if I could get it to work I'm sure any user could also.

By the way I've said this before but your responses to my questions on this forum have been exceptional. I appreciate all your help.

I know how this must sound by my feedback is genuine I DO NOT have any affiliation with this software or employee's.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: