AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 07:33:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COM1 can not be opened (device already open)  (Read 43338 times)
ArcticDude

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2015, 11:00:00 AM »

Hello,
I am real excited about the "Advanced Serial Data Logger" so far. I have been experimenting with the trial version with great results.
BUT I have a major problem.

I have to simulate power outages and unexpected computer reboots. In doing so I get the above error on the com ports that are not in use. This happens to the com ports that have data flowing being pushed from the device that does not require any handshaking.

Is this an issue with the trial version only? Is there a way of preventing this error and allowing the software to open ports regardless of what data is present?

Thank-you.
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:05:28 AM »

This error appear if another software uses the same port. For example, it may be another instance of our software. Please, also verify that you didn't create duplicate configurations within our software with identical ports.
ArcticDude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 11:00:00 AM »

That did not seem to be the case. Now the trial is over, can I obtain an extension to work this out?
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 11:00:00 AM »

Please, contact our support team via email.
ArcticDude

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »

Hello,
The customer service allowed me an additional 30 days.
The problem persists on 2 different computers.

These computers have very simple configurations and have no other devices or software accessing these ports.

Once again. I can get the logger program to function properly, but if I restart the computer I get the message the COMx can not be opened.

Using different COM interfaces. (SeaLevel COM card, USB-RS-232 converter, and Mother board default)

I have tried both computers, different com ports (up to 10 one computer) and this message will exist either with service startup or manual.

The com port is always the one that is in use before restart.
I can change to another com port. Collect data. Then when the computer reboots it give me the same message on that port. I can flip flop manually between any port, but I need the software to recognize the same port every time. I will have many streams from many devices that will need to be logged properly from an unmanned situation.

Do you have a method of closing all com ports before this software starts?

I would like to add that this happens only with this Baud rate:

9600,7,E,1

-Robert
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:55:42 AM by ArcticDude » Logged
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 02:00:00 PM »

We can schedule a remote support session and our staff will be connected to your computer and try to solve this problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: