AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 01:03:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Filemaker Pro  (Read 21850 times)
cardiofuse

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2009, 01:50:43 AM »

Basic question here but can I use the Data Logger to sample data streaming from a connected serial device (flowmeter) and import this data point on command (via a sample script) into a target field within my custom Filemaker Pro database?  (I'm trying to avoid a grand to the Troi folks).
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »

I'm sorry but I'm not familair with this database and we didn't test our software with it.
cardiofuse

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 02:56:02 PM »

Thank you for the help.  How about the ability of the data logger to export a data stream on command to an Excel file?  I'm wondering what feature can stop the data stream so that only one "data point" value can later be imported from Excel.  I would hate to import a thousand values; not sure how this works.
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »

Yes, you can send data to Excel. No problems. And I think you need filter plugins and exclude uncessary data. With 1000+ values excel will be very slow. I recommend to use Access instead.
cardiofuse

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »

Thank you, what I really meant was that, if I'm monitoring the data stream coming from the flowmeter; I was just figuring out a way to "stop" the data so that I might capture one discreet value and send it to Excel for import into Filemaker.  Does the filter plugin start and stop the data stream to isolate values?
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 08:41:08 PM »

The program can't stop the data stream, but can stop export to excel if parsed data isn't accepted by filter rules. Please, look our tutorials section for examples.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: