AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 10:41:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tcp/ip loggong from multiple IPs.  (Read 13543 times)
mapteksridhar

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:33:16 AM »

I have 5 micro controllers with RS232 port connected to serial port-ethernet converter hardware. Now all these 5 ethernet converted devices configured with individual IPs.
I connected all the 5 devices thru a SWITCH to a PC.from this PC I want to do a TCP/IP data log from all the 5 IPs.

I am able to log from one IP if that device is directly connected to the PC without a switch. if I use the switch for 5 IPs , I dont know how to do datalog.

I downloaded a trial from your site - http://www.aggsoft.com a product - ADVANCED TCP/IP data logger.

Please help.

-mapteksridhar
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:41:22 AM »

1. Usually serial port-ethernet converters come with a driver that creates a virtual serial port on a PC. In this case you should use our ADVANCED Serial data logger software and select 5 ports in the configuration.

2. If you hardware doesn't have this driver, then you should device different IP ports for each converter and listen on these ports with help of our ADVANCED TCP/IP data logger. Does our software work in client or server mode? UDP or TCP? In any case you may create multiple configuration with different settings for each converter.
mapteksridhar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 02:48:54 AM »

our hardware does not have the driver. It is only TCP, not UDP.If I put a single device directly connected to the LAN port (without a LAn switch), when I give the IP number as 192.168.0.154 & port number as 7702 , it works using your Advanced TCP/IP data logger sw.
To log data from 5 IP devices, i connected to a switch. Here I do not know how to configure ypur software.Please help.
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »

Does our program work in a client or a server mode?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: