AGG Software Forums
September 08, 2024, 07:21:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advanced Serial Data Logger RS485 setup  (Read 8681 times)
norrbjork

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2014, 06:50:46 PM »

Hi,

I hope someone can help me.

First I will give a brief description of the network setup.
I have a modbus (RS485 RTU) network with 6 voltage meters (Circutor CVM-MINI). These meters are connected to a RS485 to USB converter, which in turn is connected to a PC and gets a COM port number.

I managed to get data from the meters using Circutor's software, so I know the meters are setup correctly and communicating. The problem is that the software doesn't have the functions I need.

All I need to do is log certain data that comes in and store it as either txt, excel, sql or similar. I just need the data available and updated (every hour) in a physical file that I then can access.

Advanced Serial Data Logger seems like just the program I need, but I can't seem to be able to set it up so it listens for the modbus devices.

I got so far as opening the correct COM port, but then nothing happens. I have the correct COM port settings; 9600 baud, 8 bit, 1 bit stop, parity none (not really sure about the parity though). But that doesn't seem to be enough.

I also added Modbus RTU (modbus.dll) in the Query Parse Filter section, but still nothing. I noticed one can setup a request, but I don't know how or if I should do that. The modbus devices are sending data continuously so I don't see why I would need to request the data.

If someone has any advice or answers, or can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: