AGG Software Forums
September 16, 2024, 11:34:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PROBLEMS WITH ADVANCED SERIAL DATA LOGGER  (Read 24911 times)
mack7

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2009, 01:07:21 PM »

Hello,
I'm interested to test this program for a project in my job. But i have a problem.

The computer recive of the serial port com1, 12 bytes of a plc througt a conversor rs485-rs232.
I want to view de dats in decimal format and i can do it in the screen.
The problem came when i want to export dats to excel program, in decimal format to.
The program open a excel sheet but appears same symbols in two columns. I need 12 columns to read 12 bytes that i'm reciving.

Besides, may be need to add 2 bytes recived to get a decimal number of 16 bits in only one dat.

thanks,
Ernesto

p.d. sorry for my translation.
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »

Your PLC sends data in the binary format. In this case you should

1. Extract your bytes to a string parser item (with help of the ASCII data parser plug-in)
2. Use the "Expressions" filter plug-in and convert the string parser item to a decimal number. Please, read the help file for this plug-in about corresponding functions.

Is it possible you PLC uses the MODBUS protocol? In this case you should use the corresponding parser plug-in.
cellist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 12:26:43 AM »

Could you provide an example of how to do this? I'm also having trouble converting
hex bytes.  Thanks!

Your PLC sends data in the binary format. In this case you should

1. Extract your bytes to a string parser item (with help of the ASCII data parser plug-in)
2. Use the "Expressions" filter plug-in and convert the string parser item to a decimal number. Please, read the help file for this plug-in about corresponding functions.

Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 07:23:51 AM »

It is very difficult to describe it and provide an example. Common steps are:

1. Activate the ASCII data parser.

2. Specify begin/end of a data packet. If your data packet doesn't contain these framing bytes, then you can't extract data with the default data parser and you need a custom module.

3. Create a parser item with the "Fixed position" type and specify position and number of bytes of your value. Please, note that the main window displays data in the readable format like #00#02#19, but you should interpret it as bytes (in the example, 3 bytes with hexadecimal codes 00h, 02h, 19h, therefore position can be 2 and length: 2). The data type of this item should be "string".

4. Activate the Expression data filter plug-in and convert your parser items from bytes to other data types (numbers, strings etc).

5. Export prepared items as you want.

If you'll post your data with description, then I can suggest something precisely.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: