AGG Software Forums
September 20, 2024, 05:59:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome on our forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASDL-to-Excel Send Keystrokes  (Read 17064 times)
wjcott

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:24:04 PM »

We purchased ASDL but I am unaware of the order number...

We are interfacing a serial scale to Excel and using the send keys to populate the currently selected cell with the weight. As multiple different spreadsheets are used and the place that the weights should be stored can vary, this looked like the best approach.

The problem that we appear to be having is that, if Excel is closed and reopened, ASDL does not know to send the key strokes to the newly running Excel. The users report that this was not an issue before, but it appears that the window handle differences from one instance to Excel to another is now an issue. Is this behavior normal?
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 10:09:22 PM »

The program should detect the new window (with the new handle) every time, before sending keystrokes. If you'll attach a backup copy of your configuration, then I'll verify it. Please, specify the Excel version too.
wjcott

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 03:21:33 PM »

Attached is the INI file (changed to .txt) that we are working with and the Excel version is 2003.

Thank You.

* asdlog.txt (6.27 KB - downloaded 2 times.)
Arthur Grasin
Tech. Support
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 11:07:32 AM »

I'm sorry, but I can't confirm this behavior. If Excel is closed, then our software launch it. The windows handle isn't important, because the program searches the target window by the window caption. Is it possible the document file name has been changed? Also, could you attach your excel file? I'll try to verify our plug-in with your file.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: